ISPE PROGRAMSTRENGTH & CONDITIONING
Soccer is one of the most physically demanding sports. To maximize their potential and reach elite level, along with complex technical-tactical skills, youth soccer players need to work on physical and fitness abilities. High aerobic and repeated sprint capacity, muscular strength and endurance, speed, agility, quickness, coordination, balance and flexibility need to be practiced on regular basis. Of high importance is a critical time window when children are the most sensitive to specific training stimulus. Opportunity for boys to develop speed, agility, strength and power and reach their maximum potential is between ages 12 to 16, while the girls’ development happens between the ages 10 to 14. With safely conducted training, these abilities are attainable and highly recommended from childhood to adulthood.
Strength and Conditioning for Soccer ISPE provides proper training in a safe environment:
- Training is conducted by qualified instructors who emphasize correct form and adapt exercises to children’s abilities.
- Training sessions are monitored by advanced sport performance tracking system to ensure players get proper workload and intensity, thus optimizing development.
- Training physical abilities during the ages when children are the most sensible for development.
- Exercises are implemented twice a week on non-consecutive days while the intensity is gradually increased, which was scientifically proven to be the most effective way to improve speed, agility, power and strength.
- Injury prevention is achieved through monitored performance and recovery program, optimized with healthy nutrition, proper hydration and adequate sleep.
- Recommendation of corrective exercises to prevent and correct muscular imbalance, bilateral strength asymmetry and overuse injuries are provided to students.
- Individualized goals and training program.
All of this on a school clock!
|Who is Eligible||Advanced soccer players from Middle and High Schools in San Dieguito Union High School District (SDUHSD).|
|When||Middle School Students: Wednesday and Friday from 1:30pm to 3:10pm. Days are consistent throughout the school year.
High School Students: Days may vary depending on school schedule changes.
|Where||Ashley Falls Elementary SchoolAshley Falls Elementary School|
|Cost||$800 per semester for 60 hours of practice with professional instructor.
Team discount: If 6 players from the same club team register, each players will receive $100 discount in the fall semester.
|Registration||Registration will open on April 16, 2018 and will close on June 1, 2018.|
For more information contact Mickey Pejkic: (858) 717-1776; or email.